Zetec – Topaz 32
Fully Integrated Ultrasonic Phased Array Inspection Instrument
TOPAZ32 is the first fully integrated, high-performance phased array UT device — a complete solution for your inspections. Optimally designed for Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Manufacturing and Transportation applications, TOPAZ32 boosts productivity, reduces job time duration and can lower total cost of ownership.
One key advantage of the new TOPAZ32 is that 2D matrix array probe support is now included without the need of any external software. This fully-integrated and simplified approach can reduce the amount of equipment needed to perform an inspection.
With its rugged construction and airtight magnesium and rubber housing, TOPAZ32 is durable enough to handle inspections in even the harshest conditions. It’s lightweight, making it portable enough to go wherever you need to carry it.
With UltraVision touch software embedded in TOPAZ32, everything you need for advanced setups and analysis is in one instrument. Visit the UltraVision Touch page to learn more about the software features.
High-performance acquisitions, high speed and fast processing. TOPAZ32 is one of the most efficient and versatile non-destructive testing (NDT) instruments in the market.
TOPAZ32 includes a host of features designed to improve inspection productivity. An advanced on-board computer, ultra-bright touchscreen and simple configuration all boost productivity
Reduce Analysis Time
When it comes to analysis, TOPAZ32 is truly revolutionary. Fast data acquisition speed cut processing and report creation time by up to 50%
Lower Total Cost of Ownership
Rugged and fully integrated with a multi-touchscreen, multiple connectivity options and UltraVision Touch software, TOPAZ32 is a complete solution that is built to last.
A fully integrated, portable solution
TOPAZ32 enables users to effectively complete the following, all from one unit:
- PREPARE specimen and weld for inspection and calibrate set-up. The visual feedback of the on-board shape editor and advanced focal law calculator allows easy setup creation and optimization
- ACQUIRE data real time in a range of views on the multi-touch screen. The calibration process is made easy with a complete calibration tool. Superior hardware specifications allow for the most efficient encoded data acquisition process of any portable PA system on the market
- ANALYZE the data in different views and automatically produce a table of indications. A full set of basic (cursors, readings) and advanced (merge, C-Scan stitching, gate selectors, volumetric contour, thickness thresholding, etc) analysis tools are available on-board with fully-configurable display layouts
- REPORT in different levels to meet specific requirements. Ready-to-print custom PDF reports, including hardware settings, scan plan and indication information, are generated with a single touch
Optimized layouts make it easier
The advanced processing features of the TOPAZ32 onboard calibration provide optimized layouts to facilitate phased array calibration for sensitivity, wedge delay, Time Corrected Gain (TCG) and velocity for each angle.
Calibration status keeps users informed
Before acquisition begins, TOPAZ32 displays the calibration status for all channels (groups). If the relevant symbol on the display is not in green, this indicates that the related parameter has not been calibrated. Only when all symbols are green can scanning and data acquisition commence.
Data displayed in real time for quick analysis
TOPAZ32 displays data in real time, during acquisition even volumetric merged views. With a wide range of predefined, onboard layouts to present data users can create their own layout to meet specific requirements or personal preferences.
A smart investment
- An advanced 64-bit on-board computer substantially improves the power of the instrument reducing typical processing times by up to 50% at setup creation, calibration or reporting
- The ultra-bright touchscreen is crystal clear whether indoors or outside in direct sunlight and can be operated even when wearing gloves
- Getting started with TOPAZ32 couldn’t be easier — with a logical graphical interface, users interact just like they would with a smartphone or a tablet
- Configuration is simple as well — connect any Zetec scanner or accessory such as a probe to TOPAZ32 and it will automatically recognize and preconfigure accordingly, saving valuable time and resources
Truly revolutionary and faster in every way
- Provides 2D matrix array probe support without the need for external software
- Fast data acquisition due to large 2GB file size onboard. Reduces time for processing and creating reports by up to 50% versus previous versions
- Fast and large data storage (120GB embedded solid state drive) minimizes the frequency of data export
- Sectorial and linear scanning combine to increase the covered inspection area while reducing scanning time
Powerful onboard analysis
- TOFD cursors allow onboard TOFD analysis
- Lateral wave synchronization straightens the lateral TOFD wave so that defect depth measurement is extremely precise
- Onboard layout manager provides data in a number of easily understandable formats. Users can create their own views to suit particular requirements or preferences
- All standard or user-created layouts can be shared with other inspectors. They can be exported using the comprehensive connectivity capabilities. Plus layouts created for other inspections can be easily imported
Display and software capabilities reduce need for post-processing
A real time, volumetric merged view is displayed onboard during acquisition so there is usually no need to post-process data on an external machine. TOPAZ32 software is based on the UltraVision core engine so there is no need to convert files between UltraVision Touch (embedded in TOPAZ32) and UltraVision. There’s no need to export files and convert for complex inspections where advanced post-processing is required.
With UltraVision Software embedded, it’s the complete solution
TOPAZ32 is a fully integrated phased array UT system. 2D matrix array probe support is now included without the need of any external software. This fully-integrated and simplified approach can reduce the amount of equipment needed to perform an inspection. Powered by high-density, long-life batteries it is a standalone instrument which can perform:
- Inspection set-up and calibration
- Data acquisition and analysis
- Final reporting
The onboard calculator can do it all
Every inspection step from preparation to final report can be carried out onboard, with no need to connect to an external computer or employ third party software. TOPAZ32 also offers a range of innovative features to allow users to enjoy greater probability of detection and enhanced reporting. The heart of the Topaz32 instrument is its onboard calculator.
Versatile and built to last
Topaz32 features a rugged magnesium housing that is long lasting yet lightweight. Plus TOPAZ32 has no air intake preventing the ingress of dust, humidity or any contaminants making it ideal for harshest of environments. One of the most versatile phased array instruments available, TOPAZ32 is powered by the software engine Ultravision, common to the entire Zetec ultrasonic flaw detector product range. It can be used as a powerful stand-alone instrument or connected to a PC using UltraVision Touch or driven by UltraVision 3 for extended capability. The flexibility is endless.
Powerful onboard reporting
TOPAZ32 can generate reports to meet every user requirement. Onboard templates are available to provide reports according to the level of information required. Reports can cover scanplans, specimen and weld information, operating parameters, tables of indication, individual images with flaws identified, as well as comprehensive reports.
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||5.2 × 10.3 × 12.8 in (13.2 x 26 x 32.6 cm)|
|Weight||13.9 lb. (6.3kg)|
|Multi-touch Display||10.4 in. (1024 x 728 pixels)|
|Battery Operation||Yes (Hot Swap)|
|Phased Array Connector||ZPAC Connector (custom ZIF with latch)|
|Phased Array Channels||32/128 P or 32/128 PR|
|UT Channels||2 P/E or 2 P&C|
|Digitizing Frequency||Up to 100 MHz|
|Amplitude Resolution||16 bits|
|Measurement Gates||4 gates + 1 synchronization gate|
|Data Interfaces||Ethernet 1000 Base-T; 1 x USB 3.0; 2 x USB 2.0|
|Maximum PRF||12 kHz|
|Maximum Pulser Voltage (Open Circuit)||105V PA UT / 215V UT|
|Maximum Applied Voltage (50 ohms)||75V PA UT / 200V UT|
|Bandwidth (-3 dB)||From 0.5 to 18 MH z|
|Real-time Data Compression||Yes|
|Smoothing (Video Filter)||Digital|
|Automated Probe Detection||Yes|
|Dynamic Depth Focusing (DDF)||Yes|
|# Focal Laws (DDF)||1024|
|Maximum Number of Samples||8,192 – 16,384 (remote – UltraVision® 3)|
|Maximum Data File Size||2 GB onboard – 20 GB (remote using UltraVision® 3)|
|Encoder Interfaces||2 Quadrature-type|
|PC Software Control||UltraVision Touch embedded|
|Serves as Protection Key||License for UltraVision Touch|
|Data Acquisition & Analysis||UltraVision Touch; UltraVision 3|
|Embedded Hard Drive||120 GB SSD|
|Video Output||DVI (Digital and Analog)|
|Instrument Calibration||Compliant with ISO 18563-1|